Monday 3 March 2014

A weekend off looks like...

Since Ragmaw opened its studio/storefront back in December and I became a full-time textile artist, free time is hard to come by.  I spend most days in the studio constructing new patterns, learning new hardware assemblies, and producing more product.  But, as often as true, art on its own is a tough financial gig (at least in the beginning).  So, I still work a part-time job on evenings and weekends.

Taking a weekend off seems unrealistic, unattainable... the whole idea of it is becoming increasingly moot.

At some point, around mid February, I was feeling like a zombie and decided that a break was in order. I reserved last Friday and Saturday, keeping all work-related items off the agenda.... and it was bliss!

Slept in. Took a little road trip to Bay Roberts to visit my lovely friend (Lindsay) and her crazy, hilarious Cocker Spaniel (Snoop).  Got quite car sick and then ordered pizza in for supper! Watched movies and went to bed early. Went to Chapters, bought some no-thought-required magazines. Sat on couch and looked through (but didn't read!) magazines. Drank lots of tea, drove to Cape Spear http://www.newfoundlandlabrador.com/PlacesToGo/CapeSpearLighthouseNationalHistoricSite  and, watched my talented friend, Karyn, perform in Evita!










No comments:

Post a Comment